The iameco D4R laptop is the first truly environmentally-friendly laptop. We have focused both what the laptop is made from, and how it is made, in order to reduce energy consumption, encourage re-use and eliminate waste.
The goals in developing the laptop were:
- achieve a decrease of at least 30% in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- at least 70% of overall re-use and recycling of waste and
- a reduction of at least 75% of fresh water utilisation.
Working with partners in industry and academia including the Fraunhofer Institute in Berlin, the University of Limerick in Ireland, GAIA in the Basque Country and AUO Optronics in Taiwan we have achieved these goals through:
- simplification and reduction in the number of parts we use
- reduction in the use of strategic, rare or hazardous materials
- substitution with renewable or recycled materials
- design and service structure for re-use
- extended life through upgradability.
Some of the key design elements include:
- the development of a Universal Motherboard, with bus speeds of 800 MHz to 1333Mhz which allows us to use the main Intel processors Intel i3, Intel i5 and Intel i7.
- Using a high performance Solid State (SSD) hard drive
- Using Green DDR 30nm memory with low power requirements and high performance.
Talk to us now
Talk to iameco today. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +353 1 4930514 (Dublin).