The iameco D4R laptop computer is the first truly environmentally-friendly laptop.
The goals in developing the laptop were:
- achieve a decrease of at least 30% in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- achieve at least 70% of overall re-use and recycling of waste and
- achieve a reduction of at least 75% in fresh water utilisation compared to standard laptops.
Working with partners such as the Fraunhofer Institute in Berlin and the University of Limerick in Ireland we have achieved these goals through:
- simplification and reduction in number of parts
- reduction in use of strategic, rare or hazardous materials
- substitution with renewable or recycled materials
- design and service structure for re-use
- extended life through upgradability.
Some of the key design elements include:
- the development of a Universal Motherboard, with bus speeds of 800 MHz to 1333Mhz which allows us to use the main Intel processors Intel i3, Intel i5 and Intel i7.
- Using a high performance Solid State (SSD) hard drive
- Using Green DDR 30nm memory with low power requirements and high performance
Talk to us now
Talk to iameco today. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at +353 1 4930514 (Dublin).